Friday, February 5, 2010

It must be time for a cleansing.

It's been raining. No, snowing, then icing, sleeting, and raining again. All day. Phew, forgot what this weather was like. The kicker is that it is easier to navigate it up north. They have the fleet to take care of this shit. Here, there are some very dedicated people helping as best as they can. So, getting around is tricky.
I had the craziest conversation with my mom earlier about "black ice." Something like this:

mom: I never heard the term "black ice" before about 10 years ago. I guess when you girls lived in Oregon.
me: I know. It's the name for ice you can't see.
[proceeds to tell me about my dad's theory on it, oils rise when the road freezes.]
mom: Ice is never good.
me: I know; like regular ice is good, but black ice is scary. Boogidee Boogidee.
mom: Like it is evil, like The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
me: Like Black Death. Cause regular death is no biggie.
mom: [he he]
me: No, the weather forecasters are racist against that color of ice. Ooh, white ice is good. Black ice is bad.
laughter ensues

Cabin fever has strange side effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment